This course in intended for intermediate level clinicians who treat patients with vestibular conditions and provides you structure and demonstration on how to conduct a comprehensive evaluation.
Who will be leading the course?
PT, DPT, MSPT, OCS, CMP, Certification in Vestibular Rehab (Emory University)
Ritu received her Bachelor’s degree in 2006 and subsequently worked in a multi-specialty hospital in Mumbai where she treated patients with cardiovascular, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions. In 2009 she completed her masters in Orthopedic Physical Therapy (MSPT) from Massachusetts General Hospital’s Institute of Health Professionals (MGHIHP-Boston). She was awarded the Institutional Merit Scholarship Award and the Majorie K. Ionta Award for Clinical Excellence in Post-Professional PT.
Ritu is a Certified Mulligan Practitioner (Australian Manual Therapy Skill), FMS and SFMA certified. She completed her doctor of Physical Therapy program from MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston in 2011. She is a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist since 2016.
She has also completed a certificate in Vestibular Rehabilitation at Emory University, Atlanta in 2018 and Advanced competency course by APTA in May 2020.
In pursuit of her passion to develop and contribute towards the physical therapy profession, she and her team has developed this competency course after treating vestibular patients successfully for more than a year. We are excited to share this first ever competency course to improve telehealth skills for a vestibular clinician.
- Chapter 1: Welcome!
- Chapter 2: Anatomy of the Vestibular System
- Chapter 3: Physiology of Vestibular System
- Chapter 4: Pathophysiology of Vestibular System
- Chapter 5: Introduction to Vestibular Telehealth
- Chapter 6: Preparation for a Vestibular Telehealth Visit
- Chapter 7: Vestibular Evaluation Flow/Template
- Chapter 8: Subjective Examination
- Chapter 9: Red Flags
- Chapter 10: Objective Examination
- Chapter 11: Acute vertigo : Screening and Differential Diagnosis
- Chapter 12: Concussion
- Chapter 13: Balance Examination
- Chapter 14: BPPV
- Chapter 15: Cervicogenic Dizziness
- Chapter 16: Diagnostic Cluster (Downloadable for Clinicians)
- Chapter 17: Logs for patient
- Chapter 18: Patient Education Handouts
- Chapter 19: Standardized Outcome Measures
- Chapter 20: Case Studies
- Chapter 21: Post Test
- Chapter 22: Abnormal Asynchronous Oculomotor videos (examples)
We also offer additional 1:1 trainings with our Telehealth experts at $200/hour
Please complete the form below if you are interested in learning more about our 1:1 training sessions: