There are 100,000 ACL ruptures per year in the United States alone. Current research states females have a 2-10x higher risk of tearing the ACL.
ACL Therapy Specialists in LA
If you tear your ACL you will likely need ACL physical therapy to return to full function. Furthermore, if you're weighing surgical options, talk to one of our highly trained Los Angeles physical therapists to help you navigate this decision. There is a lot of research showing exercises that enhance the brain-body connection are highly effective in preventing ACL tears and reducing injury severity. These studies support that by using performance tests, we can accurately assess injury risk. To support youth athletes, Agile Physical Therapy will design individualized training programs and administer research-based performance tests. These tests detect imbalances in strength, power, and control to prevent/reduce injury.
ACL Rehab Process
You should start physical therapy (PT) 1-3 days post-surgery to ensure you regain your range of motion and your first visit will look like this:
- Your PT will want to get to know you! They will ask for a detailed medical history including your future goals
- They will then assess at your strength, mobility, scar tissue, and flexibility to determine the best treatment plan
- They will share their findings and collaborate with you to make a plan that's directed toward your goals
- As you progress in therapy and eventually get weight bearing, your physical therapist will coach you in how hard to push by prescribing an individualized exercise program
- Using graded functional measures and prevention screens, your physical therapist and surgeon will guide you to safely return to your sport.
Find an Agile Physical Therapist in Los Angeles
Our Los Angeles physical therapists are highly trained in ACL rehab and will work together with you to achieve your goals. Our caring and empathetic physical therapists use the most modern, evidenced-based research to get you back faster and stronger than before. The best physical therapy care makes you feel better about your body, not worse. It helps you make the most meaningful changes instead of shouldering you with a laundry list of daily exercises. It recognizes that your time is best spent living your life, and not in physical therapy.
Los Angeles ACL Rehab Physical Therapists: