These only apply if you are being seen at Agile San Mateo, Palo Alto, Los Altos, San Francisco, Menlo Park, or Los Angeles. If you are a patient at Sutter or an Employer-onsite location these may not apply to you.
We would appreciate 48 hours notice if you need to cancel so that we may open your appointment time to other patients. If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, we will waive the fee for the first missed appointment, charge you half the cost of the visit for the second missed appointment, and the full cost of the visit for any missed appointments thereafter.
- You do not need a doctor’s prescription to see a Physical Therapist in California. You can be treated by a Physical therapist for 12 sessions or 45 calendar days, whichever occurs first. Beyond this period, you are able to continue with Physical Therapy only after having received an in person examination and approval of your Physical Therapist’s plan of care by a physician, osteopath or podiatrist, certified in the state of California.
- Some health insurance companies still do require a physician's referral in order to cover Physical Therapy services. We will help you determine if you insurance company requires a Physical Therapy prescription prior to your first visit.
- Outstanding patient outcomes: We are in the top 10% nationally when we compare the amount of improvement we see in a patient’s function per visit compared to other clinics across the country.
- Exceptional patient experiences: Since 2002, 96% of our patients would recommend us to a friend or family member.
- Individualized, focused care approach: We offer a one (1) hour appointment for evaluations AND follow up visits. This allows you and your Physical Therapist to thoroughly address your concerns. You won’t have aides or assistants taking over your care, and you won’t have pre-programmed therapy.
- Quality care valued: Our costs reflect the time, expertise, and energy we devote to you and improving your quality of life.
Agile is one of the few clinics in the Bay Area that offers individualized, patient-centered care. All of our team therapists are amongst the best in the profession. Following a comprehensive evaluation, your therapist will work with you to develop a unique treatment plan tailored to your specific condition. While our rates may be higher, the individualized, focused care approach we believe in at Agile often results in far superior outcomes in fewer visits than other clinics. We are conveniently located in Palo Alto, San Mateo, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Los Altos, and Los Angeles. Come visit us!
Our goal is to have all our billing submitted to your insurance within 10-15 days of your visit. From there, it is in the hands of your insurance company. On average, we see insurance companies process claims within thirty (30) to forty-five (45) days.
Yes, we kindly request you pay your co-insurance at the time of your visit.
When you call to make your first appointment, we will request your insurance information to confirm your benefits and determine if you will have a co-insurance payment due at each visit. This estimate is not intended to be a release from responsibility for a balance due. We recommend our patients verify their physical therapy benefits with their insurance company prior to initiating care.
Please wear comfortable clothing (shorts or workout pants, and a tank top or t-shirt) that allows the therapist access to your injured/hurt area. For women with shoulder and neck issues, wearing a tank top or camisole will allow therapist better access to your area of concern.
On your first visit your Physical Therapist will perform a thorough evaluation of strength, range of motion and a functional biomechanical analysis of the involved region. You will be working together to develop a comprehensive treatment program to address your needs. Read more…
Each appointment is one (1) hour in length and is spent entirely with your Physical Therapist. Aides and assistants are not involved in your care.
Please bring your Doctor’s prescription for Physical Therapy along with your insurance card(s). If you should have any reports for a surgery or diagnostic images, please bring those as well.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to fill out paperwork, or download it here, print it, fill it out and bring it with you. It is important to remember to bring your prescription, insurance card(s), and Post-Op protocol if you have one.