Get CEU credits while learning what Telehealth is, how to effectively evaluate a patient remotely, and how to start your own Telehealth practice from home!
Agile is a leader in telehealth services.
This course is designed for the Hand Therapist or Upper Quarter Therapist with an emphasis on both the Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy aspects of treating the Upper Quarter patients. Learn the necessary clinical reasoning and skills to treat patients virtually through our online learning platform!
Online Training With Agile Physical Therapy
Agile is a leading provider in Telehealth therapy services. We know that treating virtually is drastically different than in-person care. There is a therapist philosophy, examination, and treatment shift that needs to be learned to treat with confidence and success. Agile has outlined the exact tools, techniques, and knowledge to learn in order to treat virtually. Our easy-to-use Telehealth training platform gives therapists a simple, fast way to not only treat virtually, but also set up their own telehealth practice!
- Telehealth can give you the flexibility to make your own schedule and work from the comfort of your home!
- Learn how to successfully treat patients virtually.
- Agile’s Telehealth training platform gives you the tools to effectively examine your patient’s injuries virtually and give appropriate stretches and exercises for faster return to activity and sport!
- The course is self-paced and should take between 5-6 hours. You can log in and out as your schedule allows!
- There is a 45 question multiple-choice exam at the end of the course to test your learning. Once the exam is complete, you will receive a downloadable/printable certificate for .6 CEUs (CA-only for both PT and OT) once you've finished.
What does Online
Learn how to perform an exam virtually, including how to manual muscle test, palpation, and range of motion! We’ll review, in detail, how and when to determine if someone needs to be seen in-person.
High quality videos will demonstrate how to perform a special test virtually!
Example videos of full exams between a patient and provider to give you an idea of what a video visit looks like!
We’ll review how to get your patients prepared for a remote exam and give you downloadable email templates you can use to send to your patients!
How to Choose the
Platform for Your
We’ll explain current Telehealth vocabulary and detail what to look for in Telehealth platform services to best suit your clinic or personal needs.
How to Bill for
Common billing practices are described to help you and your clinic get paid!
Case studies will help demonstrate what a clean, efficient, and thorough virtual exam looks like. There will also be interactive case studies to test your learning!
An exam is included to assess your learning and upon passing, can download a certificate to be used for CEU’s.
Bulleted summaries of important concepts are available for download throughout the course.
Have a question about the content or Telehealth in general? Each question will be personally and individually responded to by the instructor in a timely manner.
Who will be leading the course?
PT, DPT, OTR/L, CHT
Megan received her undergraduate degree in Exercise Biology from UC Davis, her Master of Occupational therapy and her Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences – San Marcos in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Megan became a certified hand therapist in 2018 and works exclusively as a hand therapist. She has always had a passion for hand therapy, seeking out both OT and PT student experiences where she learned how different and challenging treating the upper quarter can be. Megan is currently working on approval for a Hand Therapy Fellowship through the American Occupational Therapy Association.
After taking Christin’s PT Training Program, Megan saw the need for one geared towards the certified hand therapist or those whose focus is the patient with upper quarter injuries. With Christin and Megan’s knowledge, we are excited to launch our Basics of Telehealth for Hand Therapists and the Upper Quarter as of May 2020.
- Chapter 1: How to use this course
- Chapter 2: What is Telehealth hand therapy, informed consent, and mandated reporting
- Telehealth Consent Template Download
- Mandatory Reporting Guidelines Download
- Patient Appropriateness
- Chapter 3: Determine Patient Appropriateness for Telehealth
- Chapter 4: Flags
- Decatastrophizing Worksheet Download
- Red Flag Download
- Performing a Remote Patient Exam
- Chapter 5: Structure of Telehealth Hand Therapy Exam
- Chapter 6: Preparing for the Exam
- Chapter 7: Keeping Patients Engaged
- Telehealth Patient Email Download
- Telehealth Exam Flow Download
- Chapter 8: When to Consider an In-Person Follow-up
- In-Person Follow-up Download
- Chapter 9: The Power of the Subjective and Motivational Interviewing
- Chapter 10: Manual Muscle Testing
- Chapter 11: Range of Motion
- Chapter 12: Palpation
- Chapter 13: The Role of Manual Therapy
- Chapter 14: The Role of Function, Occupational Performance, Outcome Measures
- Chapter 15: Guiding Principles
- Chapter 16: How to Use Household Items for Evaluation, Assessment, and Treatment
- Chapter 17: Adaptive Equipment and Activity Analysis
- Chapter 18: Splinting: Pre-Fabricated Options and Resources
- Pain Workbook by Greg Lehman, BKin, MSc, DC, MScPT Download
- The Fall of the Postural, Structural, Biomechanical Model by Dr. Eyal Lederman Download
- Special Tests for Telehealth
- Chapter 19: Cervical Special Tests
- Cervical Special Test Video – 5 minutes
- Chapter 20: Shoulder Special Tests
- Shoulder Special Test Video – 6 minutes
- Chapter 21: Elbow Special Tests
- Elbow Special Test Video – 17 minutes
- Chapter 22: Wrist Special Tests
- Wrist Special Test Video – 7 minutes
- Chapter 23: Thumb and Finger Special Tests
- Thumb and Finger Special Test Video – 14 minutes
- Chapter 24: Upper Quarter Dermatome/Myotome Screen
- Upper Quarter Dermatome/Myotome Screen Video – 10 minutes
- Telehealth Special Tests Cervical, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Thumb and Fingers Download
- When is Imaging Indicated?
- Chapter 25: Diagnostic Imaging Rules
- Telehealth Platforms – Which One to Choose?
- Chapter 26: Telehealth Platforms
- Chapter 27: Billing for Telehealth
- Telehealth Platform Chart Download
- CASE STUDIES
- Telehealth Evaluation Shoulder #1 – 17 minutes
- Telehealth Evaluation Shoulder #2 – 30 minutes
- Telehealth Evaluation Elbow – 24 minutes
- Telehealth Evaluation Finger – 20 minutes
- Telehealth Example of a Returning Visit – 30-45 minutes
- EXAM – 40-50 Multiple Choice Questions
- Course Feedback Form
We also offer additional 1:1 trainings with our Telehealth experts at $200/hour
Please complete the form below if you are interested in learning more about our 1:1 training sessions: